A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

CHERRY HEARTS AND SHAVING CREAM

Seven o'clock and the summer sun is still high.  Arriving on time, I stop down the street to gather myself and breathe.  I just can't look good enough.  Taking a last peek in the mirror and a spearmint altoid I pull back onto the road and roll towards his house.  There it is. Parking next to his car, it doesn't go unnoticed that even his ride is hot.    
   This is the second time in one week, and I don't even know him.  Well, I sort of know him.  Kind of. 

  My heart is pumping out of control and for heavens sakes, I don't know why. He is just a man.

  Surprised to see the door left ajar, I rap once.  Pushing inward the scent carves an instant memory of apples and spice. "Hello?" I say, passing through.  "Come on in"  I hear, and feel myself grow aroused.  Now I am nervous and excited.  I hope I can catch my breath so he doesn't have to call 911 for an oxygen tank.  That could put an immediate damper on things. 

  Pulling the door closed, I look up to see him rounding the hall wearing nothing but white boxer shorts, scattered with bright cherry hearts.  And shaving cream.  My gaze drops for a moment, scanning his body.  Soft black hair blankets his broad chest and stomach.  He is not real tall, but perfect. 

  Following the curve of his chiseled shoulders makes me weak in the knees.  Mostly, I can't take my eyes off his face.  His gorgeous strong jaw is covered in white foam as he flashes that infamous smile, making his eyes dance.

  He says "I'm shavin" and something else.  But I am distracted by the mere fact he is standing so close to me, and can't hear a word more he is saying.  Smiling in return "no problem, take your time" I tell him, and walk towards the living room. 

  Several framed photos adorn the furniture.  Focusing in on a three by five picture of him standing next to a blonde woman, their opposite body language jumps at me.  She is captivated.  He is not. 

 He likes looking at the ones he loves.  Me too. I wonder what else we have in common.  I wonder why his eyes look deep down sad.

  While staring into the faces of people I don't know, two big hands encircle my waist as he turns me around, locking his lips on mine. " I've been thinking about this all day " he says taking me by the hand and again, down the hall.  Reaching the first wooden bedpost, I stop and push him back so he lands on the soft green comforter, taking me with him.  

  Moving forward on my knees I lean in to hold his hands, pinning them over our heads.  Slowly, kissing his mouth, his neck, his eyes.  My oh my oh my.  I have never met a man I could not resist.  Until now.