A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS-Glen Campbell

Climbing in the truck the humidity is thick and wet against my tanned skin, still flushed from sex.  Good sex.  Mechanical though only grunts no sighs.  He has a great body, full lips and soulful brown eyes.   A very good man, honest and kind.  And just like my Grandmother always advised, he adores me.  

   Driving home in a trance the light switches green and I turn once more.  The night is still young.  Hhhhhumpf, who cares.  The man in the moon is so clear above me.  His light casts a lusty glow that lingers in the air.  Bearing my eyes forward in stubborn resolve, I defer emotion and tighten my grip on the wheel. 

   The thick ficus canopy overhead pulls my attention.  Tropical greens temporarily hide the stars but the moon peeks out as I roll down the dark, jealous street.

 Pleased with myself for feigning not to care, I decide to take refuge in this silent lonely night.  But then what?  WHAT?  My pulse takes off.  A  truck darts from my right, pulling in front of me at a short distance.  Its silhouette looks familiar. Then the thing hauls ass.  It's him.

   It's him, it's him, it's him.  I just know it.  The speed gives him away.  He's gotta go fast to get out of his own way.   Instinctively pressing my foot to the floor, I too take off. 

   The light slides to yellow and slows his butt down with me coming to a stop beside him.  He is turning left I am going straight.  Keeping my gaze forward, I feel him.  Pausing a long moment I turn and look.  And guess who's lookin at me?  Yea, sexy man.  Hes got a toothpick in his hand and mischief on his face. 

   That grin is unmistakable.  It moves slowly up his soft full lips, then captures my attention as a twinkle in his eyes.  We linger at each other.  No one is around.  The streets are empty.  Just us, under the moon.

   He is so cute, so cute, so cute! 

   I've driven this road countless times back and forth to my cousins but now I always feel something.  Mostly I feel like hurling.  But it ain't just a road, anymore.