A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Monday, June 20, 2011

DEVIL HORNS

I think this is so funny and the perfect Halloween get-up.  Simple while balancing out my personality.   Most need a costume.  Not me. 

   The little black devil horns are somewhat obscured by the thickness of my hair.  Yet once you see them it is hard to look at anything else because the longer you focus the more real they become.  Hilarious.   I suppose it's the brazen element of truth that makes it comical.  At an instant glance I don't appear out of the norm.

   I'm dressed for a typical weekend night in jeans and sexy sandals.  My black tee is long sleeve but the cotton is woven thin and perfect for Florida trick or treating.

   A couple minutes after arriving at the party my cousin comes walking down the cobwebbed hall to greet us.  I notice him glance at the top of my head as I admire his cowboy accesories.  Then without warning and a straight face he says in complete and utter relief, 
 "Whew!  They finally came out!

   With that comment we are laughing like children who have the knowledge of adults.  He leans forward to take a closer look and exclaims further.

"Damn Ivey Mae if they don't look like they are growing right out of your head!"  It has never taken much for us to crack each other up.  But this is a riot.  Shoot, my husband thinks it is by far the funniest thing he has ever seen.

   Now what's really gonna be funny is when I wear them Christmas and Easter.  Heck, I might not take them off.