A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Thursday, August 19, 2010

MY FATHER HE WALKED ON WATER-Randy Travis

"I loved him and he loved me and lord I cried the day he died because I thought he walked on water.  Although his wings were never seen I thought he walked on water".

   The storm rushes across the Atlantic as a sheet of white water drenching the rustling palm froms on contact.  I miss dad so much it hurts while sitting in the middle of the sounds he loved, without him.  The same waves he heard lap at the rocks lining the shore.  Virile trade winds insist as the morning sun climbs higher in the dusky sky.  Looking in the near distance I see a boat anchored all alone.  Breezy gusts rock the dingy as salty water caresses its sides and the lullaby relaxes my soul.

  The sun starts to crown and is beating out the clouds for existence.  Seagulls squawk as their wings fight the very thing that keeps them afloat.
I know the feeling.