A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FIRST TIME IS FOR LOVE

"Oh no its raining!" I say to Annie as we pull out of the drive.  Sprinkles of water gleam where they land on my car.  Looking over at my best girlfriend in the whole wide world and she doesn't let me down.  In her ever rational attitude towards life, proclaiming confidence is a given.  "So what?  The sun is peeking out.  Not to mention Rhett could care less if you were bald much less having a frizzy hair day.  Besides, I heard rain brings a marriage good luck."  We smile because she is always right.  Then cruise down the street towards my wedding.

  Annie messes with the radio dial. Then hits on the the fateful song.  "Gooooo-ing to the chapel and I'm gooooooo-nna get mar-a-aried" greets us from the dash as we squeal in delight.   My blue beetle bug rolls through the sunny south Florida rain.  Yet my heart is waiting ahead of me, in the gentle hands of the man I love."