A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WHAT DID I DO?

I walk into the familiar office.  There is one other client and myself.  Each of us has a mutt.   The lovely young staff is absorbed working so I relax to wait my turn.

  The air is cool, the atmosphere quiet.  Standing with my back to the man and his pet I gaze at the clouds through the window.  After a few moments my mind wanders, wishing I were somewhere else.  Then all of a sudden the man behind me starts demanding, in a stern loud voice "LADY! LADY!"   Hmmmm?

  I'm thinking God, what did I do?  But don't move a muscle, because I do not appreciate his tone.  Then he says again with more agitation "LADY! LADY! LADY!"  Now I'm thinkin what is his problem.  And in the next moment while more "LADY!LADY!LADY!" is coming out of his mouth, I flip around.

  And quickly realize, he is speaking to his dog.