A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Sunday, May 22, 2011

ARE WE THERE YET?

"Ivey Mae! Don't slam the door you are gonna break the window.  Lord you are rough as a bull in a china cabinet."
Taking a dddddeeeeep deep breath I turn the ignition and pull out onto the road.
We are taking her car because after the compromise we settled with me driving her vehicle.  
And away we go.

"Don't turn on the radio."

"Mother I know how to change the channels back to whatever you have it on."

"I know.  You know everything but I don't.  And you shouldn't be listening to the radio with all of this traffic.  You need to concentrate.

"You mean I have to drive three four hours.  Or god knows how long it will take us and I can't listen to the radio?"

"That's right.  And don't drink any water either because we are not stopping."