A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Sunday, July 24, 2011

REDNECKS IN CORAL GABLES

 Dean Martin croons as I sweep gold dust across my shoulders and the top of my knees.  From my bedroom window the setting sun melds pink and orange, bringing on tempest evening air.  I thought it would never get here.  

   In the excitement of the impending night, running around naked in sexy man's house, I proceed to do a couple things that bring a not so erotic moment to the luscious night ahead.

   As usual when life affects me I kind of don't eat very much.  Realizing I need food and forgetting that a big huge vitamin can make you nauseated on an empty stomach, I take one.  I eat a granola bar and guzzle them both down with a small glass of red wine.  I'm not a big drinker.  I was thinking of it more like grape juice and granola.  Wrong.

   Jumping in the truck I drive the short distance between our homes.  Striding through the unlocked door scented apple and spice encircles me, just as his handsome face comes from around the corner.  "Hey! Don't you look nice." he says walking over to relieve my arms of bags as he kisses me soft on the lips.  "Thanks" I reply.   And we continue to kiss.   Our mouths intertwine as his tender brown eyes look into mine  After a couple minutes he says "I'm starved" and pulls us towards the kitchen. 

  Fixing him a big helping of chicken and dumplings still warm from my stove at home, in an uneasy instant I realize......I don't feel so good.  Oh no.  I really don't feel so good.  This can't be!  I have never gotten sick at some one's house before.  In my whole entire life.  Not to mention a man.  And of all men.  Oh god.   I'm going to be sick!

   He sits at the table and starts to eat while my stomach rumbles, turning me white as a ghost.  What could be worse??  Only one thing.  Yea, that's right.  And maybe that is coming next.  Oh no.

   He puts down his fork and stares at me.  Surprised, concerned and slightly humored he asks

  "You're gonna be sick?"

   As my stomach swirls in reckless abandon I shudder.  "Yes."

   I don't have time to worry about how this looks..ladylike or not, I am sweating like a whore in church and gonna be sick.  I got two choices.  In the house or out.  This is not good.
    
    "Oh my god I'm gonna be sick." I say again while peeling down my blouse.   If I cool off I'll feel better.  At that I decide, outside it is.  Winter air will help. 

   The inevitable is coming and I run for the front door.  With the night pitched black, I lay my nauseated self down on the nippy grass.   In the next moment I hear Dr.Sexy Man and see him from the side of my eye.  "Oh please, go back inside!"  And he turns on a dime like the gentleman he is.  That was sweet.  Oh my! What he must be thinking. 

  As the vitamin,granola and wine are rushing up I still see the humor.  Great Ivey just great.  This is going to impress him.  Lets see what other sexy move I can pull from my lace thong.

   Having the culprit out of my system, I quickly recover.   He takes me in his arms with his slow, soft touch.  His sexy chiseled shoulder's are strong and determined.  By far, the most handsome man I know.  Dashingly gorgeous, like a youthful James Garner. 

  Mental note to self.  To avoid being labeled a redneck -- When getting sick.  1 Leave shirt on.  2  Stay inside.