A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Friday, July 15, 2011

THE SAGA TAKES A UTURN

With my head down and newly manicured nails clicking across the keypad I chuckle thinking of my niece and her description of me.   A burgeoning writer.  And although I can't pronounce it and had to check the spelling in the dictionary, I know it is appropriately true. 

  The door opens and Chase asks me on the way through the room "Holmes is there a villain?  Because any book worth reading has a good guy and a bad guy.  So who's the bad guy?"  Yet he never waits for the answer.  Looking up as light slices the door and the toilet flushes, he then hurries past, back to the family room TV where 'Dancing with the stars' is in full swing.

   So getting back to my work at hand I decide that even the bad guy deserves one more chance.   My stomach settles some to the music foating down the hall and under my door.  Good grace will take us far.  Right?