A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Saturday, September 3, 2011

THE JADED WAKE

The jaded wake is sensitive for me to hear as the afternoon gains speed.  Oh my.   Time is painfully unfolding my damage, in his clear green eyes.  Look what I have done.  God please forgive me.

  I knew it was there, but am saddened to realize the extent of marred emotion inside the man I will always love.  Then I gently tell him,    

   "Apparently I'm not the only one that's jaded."  He stops talking to stare at me.  We say nothing for a moment as I watch him think.  Then he aptly replies.

   "What?" with the impact of a sudden truth that will echo, deep within the private corners if his mind.  

   I wait longer in the fragile silence. 

  Taking my hand in both of his, he says, "let's go" and leads me outside into the sun, that is trying to outwear the dark storm clouds brewing.