A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Saturday, September 17, 2011

RELATED SISTERS

One day my sister told me a funny story about her comical self.  This is what happened. 

   It was a Saturday and she was forgoing the full makeup routine to do some errands for mother after her knee replacement surgery.

   Just before running into the grocery store, Lorraine looks in the mirror and decides a little makeup would prudent.  She dots both of her under eyes with whitish concealer.  Carefully, she creates an upside down arch from one side to the opposite corner of each eye.

   Now, typical for both of us sisters, in a heart beat she gets distracted, and forgets to blend it in.  The tiny white circles dry exactly where she placed them, beneath her eyes. 

   Then she proceeds to shop under the harsh fluorescent lights in the grocery store.  Unbeknown st to her, the unfinished eye makeup is welcoming lots of extremely puzzled looks from strangers.  

   It wasn't until she walks through Mom's front door, bags in hand, that she realizes why the other shoppers were staring.  As we all know mother does not mix her words.

   "Lorraine I appreciate your help so very much but you look ridiculous.  What are you wearing?  Is that a shirt or a necklace?  And go look in the mirror there is something wrong with your makeup."

   Well after last night, if we didn't know I was related to my sister, we do now.
 
   We spent the evening at an exclusive club.  Smoky lights morph their colors while masked silhouettes fuel the imagination and sexy tunes play a steady beat in my head.  Shortly after arriving, Chase went to buy cigars and I freshen up my kisser.

    I pop a mint, then carefully line my lips, sans glasses and mirror, while lounging on the low lit couch.

   Three hours later I look in the mirror after arriving home and turn to Chase in utter disbelief, and stare.

   "What?"  He says, instantly defensive by the scowl in my eyes.  Turns out I had carefully lined my lips with a brown eyebrow pencil. 

    I thought people were staring because I looked hot.

    Wrong again.