A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Saturday, October 22, 2011

BUBBLE GUM ON THE RAZOR

As the water line rises and steam comfortably fills the luxurious room, I slowly sink into the hot bath with a sigh.  I simply adore a nice hotel room.  After a couple minutes of soaking, I reach for the razor lying on the side of the tub.  To my humor and surprise, I see the yellow handle of the razor blade is sporting a piece of bright pink bubble gum. 

   My  instant reaction is to call my girls in, and determine who the culprit is.  Which daughter put their gum on the razor? 

   It had to be a girl.  If one of my son's was finished with gum and had no place to stick it, he would just swallow it.  But on second thought, I pause. 

   Did I do this?  Hhmmm, only time will tell, as I shave with the bubblegum razor and place it back on the side of the tub.  

   I got my answer as each daughter drew her nightly bath, with the same aghast statement that followed.

   "Mom!  Somebody put bubblegum on the razor!"