A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Friday, October 7, 2011

TACKY

Walking down to mother's house, I want to get her opinion of which necklace to wear with my new suit, my book signing clothes. 

   She is out front and unloading groceries from her car, as she turns and smiles when she hears my approaching foot steps.

   "Good morning mother." I tell her, then lean in to kiss her cheek.

   "Good morning" she pleasantly replies.  "Doesn't this fall air feel wonderful! I hope we have a cold winter."

   "Mom which necklace do you think looks better with this blouse?" I ask her while placing a silver chain around my neck, and holding up a similar version for comparison.

   She stops and looks.  It doesn't take her long.

   "They're both tacky." 

   It's Friday morning and apparently we both got a good nights sleep.

   "Oh good."  I reply, smiling back.  "I have two viable options."