A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Saturday, October 8, 2011

THE TOOTHPASTE

What doesn't he understand?  And moreover why doesn't he understand?

   With at least twenty five years under our belt with exactly the same routine,for our family dental health, where is the dang-blasted confusion?

   Every time I brush my teeth I place the toothpaste on the shelf, away from the flushing toilet.  Every time Chase brushes his teeth, he puts the toothpaste on the counter.  Not a right or wrong answer, I suppose, for this ridiculous marital dance.  Still, the sequence of events is exactly the same, year in and year out.  I place it in the same spot, on the same shelf, time and time again.

   Yet, like clockwork I hear a mumbled "I don't understand" while he searches for the toothpaste, every single night before bed.  Sometimes he gets really frustrated and I will watch him go from one bathroom to the next, looking for toothpaste, where it again, is on a shelf for sanitary purposes, not hidden for inconvenient use. 

   Why can't he find it?  It ain't a cross-word puzzle.  It's right there.