A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

A LTTLE BIT OF IVEY

Monday, October 10, 2011

WADDLING AINT THE BEST WAY

I come from a long line of waddlers.  Serious waddlers. 

   This movement of going side to side while walking looks especially comical when a waddler is attempting to run.  Because the physical dynamics needed to advance forward with speed, are stifled from bobbling east to west, at the same time.

   Watching a waddler like me run is remarkably funny, because at a distance you would think I am moving fast.  My arms are swinging and my torso held together with appropriate placement of my legs.  Somehow in my genetics though, I sway to one side or the other before I land. 

   So I only go half as far, as a non-waddler.  You know, a normal person 

   Waddling is just not the best way to walk.  We take up too much space on the sidewalk and waste energy, ducks have it worse than me though.

   My childhood home is on the shores of a huge lake, complete with free roaming neighborhood dogs, cats, kids and ducks. 

   And when it comes to road-kill, trust me, the numbers are not looking good for the ducks.

   Waddling ain't the best way, to cross a street.